What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that websites store on your computer or mobile device when you use them. It allows sites to remember your actions and preferences (username, language, character size and other display settings) for a given time, so you do not have to re-enter this information each time you visit a site or navigate from one page to another.
The cookies that we use allow us:
• to establish statistics and the use of various elements of our website (headings and content visited, preferred routes), allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
• to adapt the presentation of our website to your device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visits to our site, depending on the hardware and software viewing or reading that your mobile device operates;
• to memorize information relating to a form that you have completed on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have shown a preference for on our website (subscribed service, favorites, etc.);
• to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our website, such as your account, using identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
• to implement security measures, for example, when you are asked to sign-in again to access content or a service after a certain amount of time.
Cookies issued on our site by third parties
Regarding third party applications integrated into our site
We may include third party computer applications on our site that allow you to share content from our site with other people or to let others know about your review or opinion about content from our site. This is particularly in the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons, coming from social networks such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The social network providing such an application button is likely to identify you because of a button like this, even if you may not have used this button during your visit to our site. In fact, this type of application button can allow the social network to follow your navigation on our site, just because your social network account was activated on your device (an open session) during your navigation on our site. We have no control over this process used by social networks to collect information about your navigation on our site and associated with the data. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks to learn about the purposes of use, including advertising, and navigation information they can collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, including setting up your usage accounts for each of these networks.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you choose. You have the option to delete all cookies already stored on your computer and configure most browsers to block them as well. However, if you choose the latter, you may need to manually enter your preferences or your information each time you visit a site, and some services and features may not be accessible.
For the management of cookies and your choices surrounding cookies, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the Help Menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change and manage your preferences for cookies.
You can also connect to the site Youronlinechoices, proposed by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance). You will be able to know which companies are registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting their cookies.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet. It is a centralized interface that allows you to express your refusal or your acceptance of cookies that can be used to adapt advertisements to a user’s type of device based on information collected from said cookies. Note that this procedure will not prevent advertisements from being displayed on the websites you visit; it will only block the technology that will tailor advertisements to your interests.